Saturday 14 June 2008

Riding update

Last Sunday, while at Hamsterley, I passed 1000 miles for the year. I didn't manage that until the middle of August last year, so I'm about 2 months ahead of the 2007 me.

June is shaping up to be a pretty good month for riding, which is good because Hit The North is in only about 5 weeks! June is already my best month so far, and we're quite not half-way through it yet. It's also shaping up to be the first month ever where I ride more than 300 miles in the month.

I'm on track to average more than 10km per day over the year, which is about 40% more than last year. (I'm averaging 26km a day for this month, which is 16.5 miles.)

I ordered an 18t sprocket for the Inbred last night. I've pretty much decided to ride that at Hit The North. The Solitude would have been perfect, but it's over-geared and would be more expensive to reduce the gearing. Plus, I'm less worried about breaking the Inbred if I do something stupid like ride into a tree while exhausted!

No comments: