Sunday 1 June 2008

Darlington Round 50

I've never felt like getting into the shower made me drier. It rained just a little on today's ride.

Took part in the Council-organised Round 50. This is first in a series of four rides, culminating in the Hell O' the North.

Felt ok going round, though the big tyres are very draggy obviously, despite the rain.

I think my Brooks saddle might have given up after getting so wet, so the 'wings' stuck out a bit far, leading to some unfortunate chaffing. I might need to get the drill and a shoe lace out and tie the saddle to tighten things up a bit.

Distance: 52 miles (84 km)
Climbing: 1280 feet
Surface: On-road
Time: 3 hours 45 minutes
Weather: Very, very, very, very wet
Bike: Solitude Singlespeed (34:18, with 2.2″ tyres)

1 comment:

mactually » Blog Archive » June Riding said...

[...] « Inspiration June Riding Proper rides: 117 miles (52 miles and 65 miles) Total: 300.5 miles (13,360 feet climbed) Best month ever, and my first to total more than [...]